lunes, 3 de septiembre de 2007

A Special Man


Who needs a stunt actor if you've got Charles Chaplin among the cast! Who would complain about a scene if Chaplin is acting right in front of you? I could go on about his qualities as an actor, director and screen performer for hours and hours, but unfortunately I must keep on going with what I want right now. The way Chaplin expresses art with a few looks and funny movements, no colors and a couple of cheap stage artifacts that he uses and takes full advantage of. He didn't need sounds, special effects or anything out of his reach to earn a place in history. All he did was understanding the sense of filming, the escence of recording and making history out of it. I personally knew nothing about Charles Chaplin, but after a few minutes of watching his movie, I was absolutely captivated by his face and body expressions, stunned by his simplicity, and shocked by his old fashioned innocence.

In The picture, Chaplin is at the edge of a cliff. If he fell he would have had a terrible accident, but he took the chances to make great filming, and guess what, he did!! that's the escence of film for me.

No hay comentarios: